Glossary of Printing & Digital Media Terms

There are 2136 entries in this glossary.
Search for glossary terms (regular expression allowed)
Begins with Contains Exact term Sounds like
All A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S V
Page:  1 2 3 4 5... Next »
Term Definition
C Print

Color photographic print made from a negative on C Print paper.


A trade acronym for coated one side. C1S stock is typically card/cover weight. It is commonly used for postcards and flyers. The noncoated side makes writing easier.

C1S and C2S

Abbreviations for coated one side and coated two sides.

Cable Paper

A strong paper used to wrap electrical cables.


Computer Assisted Design/Computer Assisted Makeup or Manufacturing


(Computer Aided Drafting or Design) In graphics, the production of drawings and plans for architecture and engineering systems. CADD systems are specialized workstations or high-performance personal computers that employ CADD software packages and input

Cadmium Yellow

A pigment made from cadmium sulfide and cadmium selenide.

Calendar Board

A strong paperboard used for calendars and displays.

Calendar Rolls

A series of metal rolls at the end of a paper machine; when the paper is passed between these rolls it increases its smoothness and glossy surface.


To make the surface of paper smooth by pressing it between rollers during manufacturing.


Making paper smooth by pressing it between highly polished metal rollers.


Setting equipment to a standard measure to produce reliable results.

Calibration Bars

A strip of tones printed on paper or film and used for quality control.


The measurement of thickness of paper expressed in thousandths of an inch or mils.


A call-out is a short phrase or line of type which helps identify important elements of a graphic or illustration. A connecting line or arrow is often used with a call-out.

Page:  1 2 3 4 5... Next »
Glossary 2.7 uses technologies including PHP and SQL

Who's Online

We have 19 guests online